Share

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Abundance!

In Chapter three of my book I write about my childhood recollections around having money. I didn’t know what to do with money when I was five years old. Having money was an enormous responsibility.
Once, at a convention in Arborg, Manitoba, my grandma gave me a coin. My eyes shone, as I looked up at her with gratitude, then back to the gleaming coin in the palm of my hand.
“Thank you, Grandma!” I said in my quiet voice, as she turned back to talk to my mom.
I was scared to put it down, so I clung onto it tightly in my little fist. I had no pocket in my dress. I wondered what to do with my newly acquired money, as I walked around the convention hall by myself with this most unfamiliar gift.
I hung onto my coin and looked at it all through the morning program, while I listened to the booming voice talk about Armageddon and The Paradise. — Chapter 3, Phoenix of Faith
It wasn’t the last time I was challenged in that way when it came to possessing money. What was I supposed to do with abundance?
Abundance presented itself again recently. Yesterday, while walking to work I passed by a row of beautiful Scotch Pines. Even through my headset, I caught another sound breaking into the classical music. I recognized it as the chirping of hummingbirds. Not just one or two, but the entire pine grove was filled with the happy chirpings of these magical little birds. What was I to do with such a joyous presentation, except stop and enjoy their presence! So I did just that.
I pulled out my ear buds. I paused to watch the hummingbirds chirp and flit between, around and among the trees with such carefree pleasure as they interacted with one another. My heart swelled with love for these amazing winged creatures.
Ah, the sweetness of life. I now savor abundance when these ever-increasing windows of bliss appear in my life in the now. It was another miracle of my magical present life, so different from my childhood days.
I learned that abundance comes in many different forms and in this case all I had to do was allow it and enjoy it in its fullness!

Follow on Twitter: @_phoenixoffaith
Copyright © 2013.

6 comments:

  1. Right on, Esther! Life is full on those moments. You just have to know how to seize them, and enjoy what life brings your way at any time -- whether or not you're prepared for it! Remember to love every day (and moment) as though it might be your last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really resonate with what you are saying about enjoying what blissful events come along --- when they come along. The healing path has been a long, but rewarding one, when I can experience such pleasantness! I am thankful every day for surviving my childhood and find my joy. :)

      Delete
  2. That is such a wonderful story, I always find myself enjoying the beauty in outdoors. Whether it be a river or a flowerbed in a park, I soak up every moment I can. It is truly an amazing feeling. I loved the little tidbits of Grandma that you have in your book. It brings me close to her in some way. I completely enjoyed every minute of it.

    Much Love ,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to hear from you Tricia! I agree with you about soaking up the wonders of nature. I really believe now that the trees, the plants and even the stones support us on our life journey. After all, we are one with all of that. Isn't nature grand?

      Delete
  3. A grove of Scotch pines filled with hummingbirds is an enchanting image! You were very blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sensed that what I was seeing was most unusual and spectacular! Thank you for your beautifully validating comment.

    ReplyDelete